We love having helpers so pop in 9.30am-1pm on a Thursday for ongoing Kitchen Garden jobs or Friday 9.30am-11.30am to help out with the harvest. Give us a call to let us know you're coming.
During Covid-19 we are taking extra precautions so please remember to bring your own gardening gloves, in some cases your own tools and your own water bottle for drinking. We will provide jobs that are in the open air and where social distancing of 2 metres or more is easily possible.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to FarmED and Honeydale Kitchen Garden. Upon arrival at 9.30am, please head to the FarmED building entrance where you will be signed in. To reduce risk on the day:
1. Please bring a mask. You should wear this if entering the building & to use the toilets.
2. Please scan our QR code on arrival, or provide us with your name & contact details for NHS Test & Trace.
3. We will take your temperature on arrival. Please do not come if you do not feel well or if you are clinically extremely vulnerable (high risk from coronavirus) or if you have been told to self-isolate.
4. Please respect the 2 metre rule.
5. Hand sanitizer is available around the building and in the toilets, please help yourself.
6. We will limit time spent indoors as far as possible so bring plenty of layers!
Volunteer jobs vary with the season but include things like weeding, watering, harvesting, planting and many more. We'll try and find something that suits your physical ability - so do come along and give it a try - working outside is definitely good for the soul!
Looking forward to seeing you out in the field!
Emma and the Kitchen Garden Team!